Data privacy is of high importance for Maison De Marrakech Ltd, and we want to be open and transparent with our processing of your personal data.
We therefore have a policy setting out how your personal data will be processed and protected.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
The UK Company, Maison De Marrakech Ltd (“MM”), is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law.
Maison De Marrakech Ltd.
11 Potter Way, Winnersh, Berkshire
RG41 5SJ , United Kingdom
Companies register: UK Company House
Company registration number: 08536003
Authorised representative: Hazuki Hagen
VAT registration number: VAT NO. 244747390
Where do we store your data?
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may also be transferred to and processed in a country outside of the EEA. Any such transfer of your personal data will be carried out in compliance with applicable laws. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
For transfers outside the EEA, MM will use Standard Contractual Clauses and Shields as safeguards for countries without adequacy decisions from the European Commission.
- Why do we use your personal data? The processing of your personal data is necessary for MM to fulfil the service of managing and delivering the order to you. We will also use your personal data to send you marketing offers, information surveys and invitations through emails, newsletters. We will need your data to in addition, contact you for return items, or if there is a problem and to fulfil our customer service.
What personal Data do we collect?
We will process following categories of personal data if you choose to provide it to us:
* contact information such as name, address, telephone number
* date of birth
* account settings
* encrypted payment card information
We will process the following categories of personal data if you make a purchase
* order history
* delivery information
* payment history
We will also process the following categories of personal data connected to your cookies
* click history
* navigation and browsing history
Who can access your data?
Your data may be shared within Maison De Marrakech Ltd. We never pass on, sell or swap your data for marketing purposes to third parties outside.
Data that is forwarded to third parties, is only used to provide you with our services. You will find categories of third parties under every specific process below. What is the legal ground for processing?
For every specific process of personal data we collect from you, we will inform you whether the provision of personal data is statutory or required to enter a contract and whether it is an obligation to provide the personal data and possible consequences if you choose not to.
What are your rights?
Right to access:
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact MM and we will provide you with your personal data via e-mail. Details of our contact information is in Part 8.
Right to portability:
Whenever MM processes your personal data, by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
Right to rectification:
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
Right to erasure:
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by MM at any time except for the following situations:
*you have an ongoing matter with Customer Service
*you have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
*you have an unsettled debt with MM, regardless of the payment method
*if you are suspected or have misused our services within the last four years
*your debt has been sold to a third party within the last three years or one year for deceased customers
*your credit application has been rejected within the last three months
*if you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for book-keeping purposes
Your right to object to processing based on legitimate interest:
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on MM’s interest. MM will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demostrate legitimate grounds for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
Your right to object to direct marketing:
You have the right to object to direct marketing, including profiling analysis made for direct marketing purposes. Please contact us directly should you wish to amend or delete any personal data. Details of our contact is in part 8.
You can opt out from direct marketing by the following means:
* following the instruction in each marketing emails
* by editing the settings of your MM account
Right to restriction:
You have the right to request that MM restricts the process of your personal data under the following circumstances:
* if you object to a processing based MM’s legitimate interest, H&M shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest.
* if you have claim that your personal data is incorrect, MM must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data. You must first contact using Part 8 method to report this. Or you can go to MM account and you can correct this.
* if the processing is unlawful you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead
* if MM no longer needs the personal data but it is required by you to defend legal claims.
How long do we save your data?
We will keep your data as long as you are an active customer.
How can you exercise your rights?
We take data protection very seriously and therefore we have dedicated customer service personnel to handle your requests in relation to your rights stated above. You can always MM at details in Part 8.
- 8. How can you contact us? To Contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including making a subject access request. Please use the following details:
Contact person: Hazuki R Hagen
Direct email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Personal Data & Data Protection
Updates to our Privacy Notice:
We may need to update our Privacy Notice. The latest version of the Privacy Notice is always available on our website. We will communicate any material changes to the Privacy Notice, for example the purpose of why we use your personal data, the identity of the Controller or your rights.
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include www.maisondemarrakech.com. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.